Everything You Ever Wanted Is On The Other Side Of Fear
One thing for sure in my work that I do for my clients is that I’ve never heard anyone say to me is: “I’m afraid of being successful.” To hear it sounds kind of weird and unnatural. Yet as a small business internet strategist and a small business entrepreneur myself, I see it in clients, friends, family and even in myself.
So, how do you identify the revealing signs of fear that stands in the way of our success in business, and if you see them in yourself, what do you do to overcome this fear.
As Brene’Brown researcher and author of many books on success and vulnerability states: “We can spend our entire lives in scarcity . . . just waiting for for the other shoe to drop and wondering when it will all fall apart. Or, we can lean into the uncertainty and be thankful for what we have in that precious moment.” “When I’m standing at the crossroads of fear and gratitude, I’ve learned that I must choose vulnerability and practice gratitude if want to know joy.” “I have learned to trust this practice,” say’s Brene’ Brown. She adds by saying, “You can’t get to courage without walking through vulnerability.”
Here are a five traits you can look for in your daily life to see if you are practicing the fear of success.
1. You procrastinate- you don’t every finish anything!
2. You don’t walk the walk in your business. You pipe dream and are always talking but never taking action.
3. You have a pessimistic attitude about your work. Always thinking it isn’t good enough.
4. Just when you are almost at the door of success, everything hits the side rails and the wheels fall off your project. It all goes down the drain.
5. You are constantly second guessing yourself
So what can you do? What are some things that will help you?
1. For starters, take a deep breath and pause for a moment. Jot down two things in your business that you can change to move in a more positive direction
2. Check out the people you hang with and make sure someone isn’t trying to hold you back.
3. Start to program your subconscious with positive messages instead of negative messaging. Do a vision board for your business. Dream big! Add pictures from scrap books of your successful business. Look at this vision board every day. Online source: http://www.dreamitalive.com/
Remember, that success comes in stages. Focus on one thing that you can change easily today and take steps to make that change.
Be your awesome self!
Do you have a question that you’d like me to answer in an upcoming article?
You can ask questions about business web strategy and online marketing, product creation, what is the fastest and most inexpensive way to build a website, how I built my business, or anything else you want to know. Just send me a message by going here!
Let’s here from you!