You don’t need the http:// portion of a web page
When entering an Internet address you do not need to type http:// or even www. in the address. For example, if you wanted to visit Creative Design Talent you could just type creativedesigntalent.com and press enter. To make things even quicker, if you are visiting a .com address you can type creativedesigntalent and then press Ctrl + Enter to type out the full https://www.smallbusinesswebdesigning.com address.
Also know your Internet browser shortcuts
There are dozens of different shortcut keys that can be used with Internet browsers. Below are a few of our top suggested Internet browser shortcuts.
- Press Alt + D to move the cursor into the address bar.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and press the + or – to increase and decrease the size of text. Ctrl + 0 will reset the text.
- Press the backspace key or press Alt key + left arrow to go back a page.
- Press F5 to refresh or reload a web page.
- Press F11 to make the Internet browser screen full screen. Press F11 again to return to the normal view.
- Press Ctrl + B to open your Internet bookmarks.
- Press Ctrl + F to open the find box to search for text within the web page you are reading.
Do you have a question that you’d like me to answer in an upcoming article? You can ask questions about business web strategy and online marketing, product creation, what is the fastest and most inexpensive way to build a website, how I built my business, or anything else you want to know. Just send me a message by going here!
Let’s here from you!